Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Sunday Social in Chiangmai by CCL  (Read 18668 times)
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 03:12:07 am »

Happy ending by having lunch with CCL members and Khun Kittiboon Sumantakul, Chiangmai Provincial Council Official, at Su Casa Tapas Corner-Chiangmai Restaurant  ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:27:20 am by CCAT » Logged
Vette Dean

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 05:25:44 pm »

Looks like a great event, nice to see different activities going on in LOS

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 01:03:19 am »

Dear Fellow Classic Car Enthusiasts

And what a Sunday Social it was last month! I for one am sorry I was overseas and missed it! For those like me who were unable to make it last month, I’ve included a couple of pictures from the last Sunday Social, in this month’s flyer – attached.Member

David Hardcastle reports:

“Classic Cars of Lanna had one of their best attended monthly gatherings of the year on Sunday from 10.00am, July 26th, at Nim City Daily near the airport.  New arrivals ranged as widely as a Mitsubishi Jeep (driven here to its new home from Pattaya), an lovely award winning Armstrong-Siddeley Sapphire and a very smart late 60's BMW 2000. Member Russ Barnes had his black Fiat-based custom coupe, a Mini and Beetle driven respectively by Khun Kittiboon and his son and Robin's Land Rover was back after a long absence. Cleve and Phen Reinhard were another 2 car family with their Citroen DS & Peugeot

Many thanks to Khun Pravut, Vice President of Classic Car Association Thailand, for yet another visit from Bangkok to strengthen our Alliance, Khun Kay of NIM Operations Executive for arranging the reserved parking yet again, and most of all - the 20 members, with and without classics, for making it all possible

Same venue, same time, August 30th!”
Same place – Ninety-Four Coffee at Nim City Daily / Rimping Airport Brach
Same time – From 10am
Just a different date – Sunday 30th August 09

So, until Sunday 30th August, keep having fun with your classic cars and we hope to see you all once again very soon.

Yours in classic motoring,

Ian Garritt
CCL
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:35:04 am by Pravut » Logged
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 11:36:19 am »

Good evening gentlemen,

It's my great pleasure to report a great day and only sad that you all couldn't be with us!

Whether it was the offer of starring on film (again) that did it, I know not, but it was a sparkling show. No fewer than 7 young Thais, new to us, turned up with 4 VW Microbuses, a very early Beetle, a 1600 notchback and a Variant estate, Khun Gamon with a 'new' old tiny Daihatsu pick-up, very smart, instead of the 'Lotus' Cortina, Khun Kitiboon and wife and son with both VW and Mini, Nest and wife with both Daimler and Porsche 928, Russ with black Custom Coupe, the Thai gentleman with the lovely black and white Mercedes - and the list goes on. 

Maybe most importantly, Mike Griffiths has made a very very good job with the video, which i helped him to edit tonight (before and after the Grand Prix). Terrific standard and very sophisticated editing, music and credits.

The 'short' version will be ready for the Video Club tomorrow and he will spend some days on a 'long' (15 minute) version for us. I think you are going to be really impressed. It's a great promo 'vehicle' for CCL and CCAT. All I did NOT have was a logo or banner for both organisations. However, the CCL website will be given as a caption at the point I mention it on camera.

Cannot wait for you to see this video

David
CCL
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:47:49 am by CCAT » Logged
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 11:48:47 am »

::)
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 11:49:39 am »

:o
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 08:15:25 pm »

Dear Fellow Classic Car Enthusiasts

The last CCL Sunday Social on the 30th August was a sparkling show. No fewer than 20 classic cars (and their owners of course!) attended, including 4 VW Microbuses, 2 early Beetles, a 1600 VW notchback, a VW Variant Estate, a 'new' old tiny Daihatsu pick-up, a Mini, an Alfa Romeo Giulia, a Daimler, a Porsche 928, Custom Coupes, assorted BMW’s, a Land Rover, a lovely black & white Mercedes - and the list goes on.

Mike Griffiths immortalised this day by taking a quality video & the edited & finished video will be available for viewing at our next event on the 27th September 09 & I understand that souvenir copies will also be available on the 27th, at nominal cost

I was away overseas on business last month, so missed this memorable event, so I’m really looking forwards to seeing the video for myself & seeing what I missed out on!  But I won’t be missing out on our next event, which happens very soon on Sunday 27th September & I hope you won’t be missing out either. Please see that attached photo for full details.

Not only are we having our usual monthly Classic Cars of Lanna Sunday Social, but for this month, member David Hardcastle has been kind enough to donate his time (and no doubt his wife Khun Noy’s time too to organise a Mini-Run for us all, out to Huay Tung Tao Lake, which will be followed by an optional lunch-stop at a nearby restaurant. A big thanks go to David & Noy for organising this for us all

For the benefit of any latecomers or just for your navigational interest, David describes the route we will be taking as follows:

We'll assemble at Ninety-Four Coffee at Nim City Daily (adjacent to Central Airport Plaza) at 10.00am, as usual. At 10.30am sharp we will leave in convoy, U-turning under the fly-over, passing Nyom Panich Toyota on our left and heading towards the moat.

At the moat we will take the first U-turn so we can drive steadily around the inside of the moat, along the whole of the south, east and north sides. It won't be easy to keep together, but if we are patient, go more slowly than the average traffic and keep left, we should achieve a cohesive presence.

At the end of the northern side we'll turn left and south for 200m before taking the first U-turn so we pass Ram Hospital on our left. Then we turn left onto Huay Kaew Rd and go all the way along, past the Amari Rincome Hotel, to the cross roads with Irrigation Canal Road. Here we turn right and follow this dual-carriageway road almost to its northern end before turning left sign-posted Huay Tung Tao Lake.

At the top of the single carriageway hill, please have 20b per adult ready in each car to purchase the required tickets at the booth. Twenty meters later, stop at the 2nd booth for the man to tear the tickets in half. No-one has ever been able to explain this system, other than its provision of jobs for wives of soldiers (the Lake is on Army land and closes at dusk, as does the Army).

At the T junction just before the lake we will turn right and gently circumnavigate the lake in a clockwise direction, which achieves the best views. Beware of racing motorcycles and drivers coming the other way, admiring the views.

After almost one complete lap we will park informally, and lunch can be taken at one of the many lakeside sala restaurants. Paddling and swimming are optional at no extra cost.

I think you’ll all agree that this sounds like a great fun family day out, so lock away Sunday 27th September and we’ll all look forwards to catching up soon.

Don’t forget – Meet at 10am, with a planned departure time of 10:30, from Ninety-Four Coffee at Nim City Daily. SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Yours in classic motoring,

Ian Garritt
CLassic Car Of Lanna
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:30:01 pm by CCAT » Logged
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 11:47:29 pm »

CCL Sunday Social on the 27th September was a sparkling show at Ninety-Four Coffee, Nim City Daily.  It was indeed an excellent turn out with more than 20 vehicles participated. The driving trip for lunch at Huay Tung Tao Lake was particularly scenic and enjoyable & relaxing day for all who participated in the event.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:09:34 am by Pravut » Logged
CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 12:01:13 am »

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 12:06:28 am »

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 12:12:08 am »

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 12:21:16 am »

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 12:32:55 am »

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 12:36:31 am »

CCAT

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 12:40:24 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 13 queries.